Guest Review- SCANDAL IN SPRING by Lisa Kleypas

I'm pleased to introduce you all to Rebecca from Kindle Fever. Below is her review for the the Lisa Kleypas novel Scandal in Spring.

After spending three London seasons searching for a husband, Daisy Bowman's father has told her in no uncertain terms that she must find a husband. Now. And if Daisy can't snare an appropriate suitor, she will marry the man he chooses -- the ruthless and aloof Matthew Swift.

Daisy is horrified. A Bowman never admits defeat, and she decides to do whatever it takes to marry someone . . . anyone . . . other than Matthew. But she doesn't count on Matthew's unexpected charm . . . or the blazing sensuality that soon flares beyond both their control. And Daisy discovers that the man she has always hated just might turn out to be the man of her dreams.

But right at the moment of sweet surrender, a scandalous secret is uncovered . . . one that could destroy both Matthew and a love more passionate and irresistible than Daisy's wildest fantasies.


REBECCA'S REVIEW: 

Read: January 14, 2011
Rating: ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

I've truly loved all of the Wallflowers books so far, and this is definitely not an exception. Even though Annabelle and Simon Hunt are among my two favourite couples with the St. Vincent's, this story is second to my favourite; Devil in Winter! It flowed in a perfect pace and I truly loved every moment of it--it even had me on the verge of tears in the end.

I love Daisy. I love how she's always herself and her dreaming character, loving to devour novel after novel. In some ways she even reminds me of myself. And Matthew. Oh, how I loved him! From the first moment he was introduced, I just couldn't get enough. He seemed so honest, despite his burden he'd had to carry for so long. I loved how sweet and caring he was of Daisy and he really is the perfect man to keep her feet on the ground. I can't believe this series' coming to an end; I'm just not ready to let go of these wonderful couples! At least I still have A Wallflower Christmas left to devour.

Please check out Rebecca's blog, Kindle Fever. She can also be found at the following places:

Goodreads: Rebecca
Twitter: @kindlefever
E-mail: rebgeo at hotmail.com

No comments: